Friday 21 November 2008

The Killers - Day & Age (2008)


The return of the killers is a grand one & they do have a lot to be proud of. After the amazing first 3 albums hot fuss/sams town/sawdust I really thought they might have run out by steam by now but thankfully they are no where near done & their latest instalment is nothing short of brilliant. When I first started listening to them back in 2003 I really didn’t think much of them but with each new release they have grown & matured into an amazing band with catchier lyrics each time. My favourite track on the album has to be “dustland fairytale” & it looks like it will be the Mr Brightside of the album, the song is apparently about flowers parents. “neon tiger” is another great track with lashing of rock thrown in & it sounds kind of like a u2 track but with more savvy. From the opening track on the album you will be hooked! there has been an awful lot of hype attached to this latest release & the band have been playing snippets of songs at live gigs all over the world to the delight of excited fans. It seems that with every album they release the more fans they pick up along the way & I’m sure this album will prove to draw in an even bigger crowd. Day & age really Is an amazing album & I’m happy to say its one of those rare albums that are released where every track on there seems to have its place, I would recommend day & age to anyone who knows or indeed likes good music.

1. "Losing Touch" 4:15
2. "Human" 4:09
3. "Spaceman" 4:44
4. "Joy Ride" 3:33
5. "A Dustland Fairytale" 3:45
6. "This Is Your Life" 3:41
7. "I Can't Stay" 3:06
8. "Neon Tiger" 3:05
9. "The World We Live In" 4:40
10. "Goodnight, Travel Well" 6:51
11. "A Crippling Blow" 3:37
12. "Forget About What I Said" 2:57

No comments:

Post a Comment